- Editorial: Decommissioning of Fukushima plant will need cooperation and vigilance
Experts of a Japan Atomic Energy Commission (JAEC) committee have drawn up a report on the procedures to decommission the stricken Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant.
According to the schedule mapped out by the JAEC team, workers will remove spent nuclear fuel from the plant within three years, and start the removal of melted fuel from the reactors within 10 years. The entire decommissioning procedure is expected to take at least 30 years.
After all, we're talking about dealing with the damage caused by a disaster of unprecedented proportions, including nuclear meltdown in three reactors. In fact, the whereabouts and the state of the melted fuel are still unknown. Cleaning up after this disaster will undoubtedly be an extremely difficult task.
As varying levels of new technology will be necessary for the removal of nuclear fuel, it's hard to believe that the work will progress according to plan.
By my modest opinion some serious ass whooping of the folks in the Diet, Tepco and various nuclear agencies in Japan is the first prerequisite that needs to be fullfilled in order for things to move forward.
Nothing will get solved untill people in Japan stand up and demand the end of nuclear power for good. Untill then the dirty industry will play its dirty tricks via their peons in the government and Japan will inevitably turn into radioactive graveyard. Today we learned that they intend to start "decon" in march next year, while gov. guidelines have also predicted substantial decrease in radioactivity by that time and have forced people to their radioactive homes on the basis of that idiotic government presumption backed by fresh new experts drawn right out the first nuclear gutter.
We heard nothing but bullshit from japan gov and their officials, with actions suitable to be prosecuted in accordance to those in Nurnberg, with various pro-nuclear propagandists around the world equally complacent.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed December
- Japan, IAEA discussing large amount of unaccounted-for nuke materials
- Over 462 trillion becquerels Fukushima strontium in Pacific Ocean, Seafood risk
- Fukushima Medical Catastrophe - Helen Caldicott- Thom Hartmann - RT
- Medical Journal Article: 14,000 U.S. Deaths Tied to Fukushima Reactor Disaster Fallout
- Radiation Poisoning Airborne Radiation Spread (part 1 of 2)
- Fukushima Earthquake Moved Seafloor Half a Football Field
- Fukushima 45 ton radioactive water leak poisons ocean
- Hartmann: Fukushima...Has the China Syndrome now officially begun?
- Surviving Japan - A documentary FULL Preview 生き残り日本 災害 ドキュメンタリー
- Chris Busby: Cyclop child and the cause of congenital anomaly and cancer in Iraq
- TBS/JNN Fukushima Live web camera
- New Containment Flaw Identified in the BWR Mark 1
- TEPCO has paid 229.2 billion yen in damages for nuclear crisis
- NRC Approves First New U.S. Nuclear Reactors in 30 Years … Fatal Flaws In Fukushima Design NOT Fixed
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 RPV Temperature Remains Near 70 Degrees Celsius Despite Increased Water Injection
- [Part 1-1] Nuke Plants and Radiation Seen through the Eyes of Children (Jan. 2012)
- For The First Time In Over 30 Years U.S. To Build New Nuclear Power Plant
- The US: Beyond Stupidity - NRC Grants License to Two New Vogtle NPP AP1000 Reactors!
- Fukushima No. 2 plant was 'near meltdown'
- Enough Signatures Collected to Seek Nuclear Vote in Tokyo: Group