- Gov't panel sees renewable energy costs dropping to level of nuclear energy by 2030
Technological innovations will help reduce the cost of renewable energy to a level near that of nuclear power plant energy by 2030, a government cost-examination panel has estimated.
The cost-examination panel, formed under the government's Energy and Environment Council, has been reviewing the costs of generating various types of energy over the next two decades. According to panel figures made available on Dec. 12, the expenses stemming from the crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant are expected to boost the cost of nuclear energy to at least 8.9 yen per kilowatt-hour -- about 50 percent more than the current 5 to 6 yen.
Alternative energy allready is cheaper then nuclear since nuclear cost doesn't include alarming high costs of decomissioning the nuclear plants and nuclear waste storage. When that is put into account, nuclear power is the most expensive type of electricity production even without blowing up.
Instead of investing billions in this deadly industry if alternative energy inovators would be working with those funds and decentralization of electricity distribution would take place, the world would have every means of survival and prosperity.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed December
- Japan, IAEA discussing large amount of unaccounted-for nuke materials
- Over 462 trillion becquerels Fukushima strontium in Pacific Ocean, Seafood risk
- Fukushima Medical Catastrophe - Helen Caldicott- Thom Hartmann - RT
- Medical Journal Article: 14,000 U.S. Deaths Tied to Fukushima Reactor Disaster Fallout
- Radiation Poisoning Airborne Radiation Spread (part 1 of 2)
- Fukushima Earthquake Moved Seafloor Half a Football Field
- Fukushima 45 ton radioactive water leak poisons ocean
- Hartmann: Fukushima...Has the China Syndrome now officially begun?
- Surviving Japan - A documentary FULL Preview 生き残り日本 災害 ドキュメンタリー
- Chris Busby: Cyclop child and the cause of congenital anomaly and cancer in Iraq
- TBS/JNN Fukushima Live web camera
- New Containment Flaw Identified in the BWR Mark 1
- TEPCO has paid 229.2 billion yen in damages for nuclear crisis
- NRC Approves First New U.S. Nuclear Reactors in 30 Years … Fatal Flaws In Fukushima Design NOT Fixed
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 RPV Temperature Remains Near 70 Degrees Celsius Despite Increased Water Injection
- [Part 1-1] Nuke Plants and Radiation Seen through the Eyes of Children (Jan. 2012)
- For The First Time In Over 30 Years U.S. To Build New Nuclear Power Plant
- The US: Beyond Stupidity - NRC Grants License to Two New Vogtle NPP AP1000 Reactors!
- Fukushima No. 2 plant was 'near meltdown'
- Enough Signatures Collected to Seek Nuclear Vote in Tokyo: Group