- Lawyers to help people affected by nuclear crisis negotiate compensation with TEPCO
A group of lawyers said on Dec. 13 that it would help people seriously affected by the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant collectively negotiate compensation with Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO).
The group of layers told a news conference that it would call several hundred people affected by the nuclear disaster together and help them negotiate collectively with TEPCO, the operator of the crippled nuclear power station, as early as next spring.
The group of lawyers based in Tokyo and Iwaki, Fukushima Prefecture, was formed in October to advise and consult with affected people on compensations for damages. About 50 lawyers belonging to the group have given consultations to those affected by the crisis. However, many of them were dissatisfied with the amounts of compensation shown in the government's compensation guidelines, and therefore the group has decided to go ahead with preparations for collective bargaining with TEPCO.
this is a big step forward, if this group of lawyers is what they claim to be, altough the " call several hundred" part doesn't seem reasuring.
The sistem is only afraid of the sistem, lawyers backed by people being the largest dogs in the pack when such situation occurs.
But something more is needed. It is frustrating to see all these pockets of protesters around the world, altough growing in numbers, doing Sisyphus work.
Integrate, create a network of ALL anti nuclear organizations around the world, an organic anti-nuke people's corporation that will help as a whole the separate groups in different countries!
I believe we need an army to fight the industry and the army is outthere, only it is scattered around the battlefield.
The people only need to know the truth and the truth is on our side.
Source: mdn.mainichi.jp via australiancannonball.com
Most viewed December
- Japan, IAEA discussing large amount of unaccounted-for nuke materials
- Over 462 trillion becquerels Fukushima strontium in Pacific Ocean, Seafood risk
- Fukushima Medical Catastrophe - Helen Caldicott- Thom Hartmann - RT
- Medical Journal Article: 14,000 U.S. Deaths Tied to Fukushima Reactor Disaster Fallout
- Radiation Poisoning Airborne Radiation Spread (part 1 of 2)
- Fukushima Earthquake Moved Seafloor Half a Football Field
- Fukushima 45 ton radioactive water leak poisons ocean
- Hartmann: Fukushima...Has the China Syndrome now officially begun?
- Surviving Japan - A documentary FULL Preview 生き残り日本 災害 ドキュメンタリー
- Chris Busby: Cyclop child and the cause of congenital anomaly and cancer in Iraq
- TBS/JNN Fukushima Live web camera
- New Containment Flaw Identified in the BWR Mark 1
- TEPCO has paid 229.2 billion yen in damages for nuclear crisis
- NRC Approves First New U.S. Nuclear Reactors in 30 Years … Fatal Flaws In Fukushima Design NOT Fixed
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 RPV Temperature Remains Near 70 Degrees Celsius Despite Increased Water Injection
- [Part 1-1] Nuke Plants and Radiation Seen through the Eyes of Children (Jan. 2012)
- For The First Time In Over 30 Years U.S. To Build New Nuclear Power Plant
- The US: Beyond Stupidity - NRC Grants License to Two New Vogtle NPP AP1000 Reactors!
- Fukushima No. 2 plant was 'near meltdown'
- Enough Signatures Collected to Seek Nuclear Vote in Tokyo: Group