- Radioactive spill at N.B. nuclear plant prompts calls for more details
A conservation group says there are too many unanswered questions about a spill of radioactive water at Atlantic Canada’s only nuclear power plant.
David Coon, policy director at the Conservation Council of New Brunswick, said on Wednesday that he wants more information about Tuesday’s spill at the Point Lepreau nuclear facility.
“They need to release the actual information on the radiation levels and exposures that might have resulted in this case,” Mr. Coon said.
“Simply giving us the volume of the spill doesn’t tell us anything.”
Mr. Coon is right on the spot. The nuclear power industry in general doesn't seem obliged to report what emissions and how much were released. In reality they try their best to cover up every leak possible.
On the side note, this is yet another NPP that they want to extend by another 25-30 years.
Fukushima blew up exactly the same month its projected lifespan ran out.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed December
- Japan, IAEA discussing large amount of unaccounted-for nuke materials
- Over 462 trillion becquerels Fukushima strontium in Pacific Ocean, Seafood risk
- Fukushima Medical Catastrophe - Helen Caldicott- Thom Hartmann - RT
- Medical Journal Article: 14,000 U.S. Deaths Tied to Fukushima Reactor Disaster Fallout
- Radiation Poisoning Airborne Radiation Spread (part 1 of 2)
- Fukushima Earthquake Moved Seafloor Half a Football Field
- Fukushima 45 ton radioactive water leak poisons ocean
- Hartmann: Fukushima...Has the China Syndrome now officially begun?
- Surviving Japan - A documentary FULL Preview 生き残り日本 災害 ドキュメンタリー
- Chris Busby: Cyclop child and the cause of congenital anomaly and cancer in Iraq
- TBS/JNN Fukushima Live web camera
- New Containment Flaw Identified in the BWR Mark 1
- TEPCO has paid 229.2 billion yen in damages for nuclear crisis
- NRC Approves First New U.S. Nuclear Reactors in 30 Years … Fatal Flaws In Fukushima Design NOT Fixed
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 RPV Temperature Remains Near 70 Degrees Celsius Despite Increased Water Injection
- [Part 1-1] Nuke Plants and Radiation Seen through the Eyes of Children (Jan. 2012)
- For The First Time In Over 30 Years U.S. To Build New Nuclear Power Plant
- The US: Beyond Stupidity - NRC Grants License to Two New Vogtle NPP AP1000 Reactors!
- Fukushima No. 2 plant was 'near meltdown'
- Enough Signatures Collected to Seek Nuclear Vote in Tokyo: Group