- Nuclear plant opponents get meetings to voice views
Critics of Progress Energy’s proposed Levy County nuclear plant will have another chance to voice their opposition to the facility that some say will hurt the area’s environment and damage the local aquifer.
The Atomic Safety and Licensing Board (ASLB) will hold two public meetings Jan. 12 to hear additional comments about the proposed facility. The plant would include two 1,100-megwatt Westinghouse reactors, each capable of generating enough power for nearly 900,000 homes.
U.S. anti-nuclear organizations should integrate in common cause with 1 strong anti nuclear campaign across the country, then focus on each state separatly with combined force. Right now anti-nuclear efforts, altough our voices are getting louder are similar to attacking a fortress with a knife.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed December
- Japan, IAEA discussing large amount of unaccounted-for nuke materials
- Over 462 trillion becquerels Fukushima strontium in Pacific Ocean, Seafood risk
- Fukushima Medical Catastrophe - Helen Caldicott- Thom Hartmann - RT
- Medical Journal Article: 14,000 U.S. Deaths Tied to Fukushima Reactor Disaster Fallout
- Radiation Poisoning Airborne Radiation Spread (part 1 of 2)
- Fukushima Earthquake Moved Seafloor Half a Football Field
- Fukushima 45 ton radioactive water leak poisons ocean
- Hartmann: Fukushima...Has the China Syndrome now officially begun?
- Surviving Japan - A documentary FULL Preview 生き残り日本 災害 ドキュメンタリー
- Chris Busby: Cyclop child and the cause of congenital anomaly and cancer in Iraq
- TBS/JNN Fukushima Live web camera
- New Containment Flaw Identified in the BWR Mark 1
- TEPCO has paid 229.2 billion yen in damages for nuclear crisis
- NRC Approves First New U.S. Nuclear Reactors in 30 Years … Fatal Flaws In Fukushima Design NOT Fixed
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 RPV Temperature Remains Near 70 Degrees Celsius Despite Increased Water Injection
- [Part 1-1] Nuke Plants and Radiation Seen through the Eyes of Children (Jan. 2012)
- For The First Time In Over 30 Years U.S. To Build New Nuclear Power Plant
- The US: Beyond Stupidity - NRC Grants License to Two New Vogtle NPP AP1000 Reactors!
- Fukushima No. 2 plant was 'near meltdown'
- Enough Signatures Collected to Seek Nuclear Vote in Tokyo: Group