- Goldwind Completes First Large-scale High Altitude Wind Farm Project
Beijing, China - Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology Co., Ltd. (Goldwind) announced that it has completed the construction of its first large-scale high altitude wind farm project, which consists of 33 1.5MW Permanent Magnet Direct Drive (PMDD) turbines with a total capacity of 49.5MW. This is another showcase of Goldwind's objective to find and create value for customers, as well as its strong R&D capability.
The project is located at Yunnan-Guizhou Plateau, the mountain area in southwest Mouding county, Chuxiong, Yunnan province. The wind farm is situated at 2000 to 2500 metres above sea level. According to specific geographic and climatic features, the GW82/1500 and GW77/1500 high altitude wind turbines were selected for the project.
In April this year, Goldwind's first two high altitude 1.5 MW prototypes were successfully connected to the grid in Xi Tie Mountains of Qinghai Province and became operational. They have since maintained an impressive average availability rate of over 98.5%. According to the estimation based on a measured power curve, each unit can annually generate 2.8 million kWh, with an air density of 0.88 kg/m3 and an average wind speed of 6.5 m/s.
Most viewed December
- Japan, IAEA discussing large amount of unaccounted-for nuke materials
- Over 462 trillion becquerels Fukushima strontium in Pacific Ocean, Seafood risk
- Fukushima Medical Catastrophe - Helen Caldicott- Thom Hartmann - RT
- Medical Journal Article: 14,000 U.S. Deaths Tied to Fukushima Reactor Disaster Fallout
- Radiation Poisoning Airborne Radiation Spread (part 1 of 2)
- Fukushima Earthquake Moved Seafloor Half a Football Field
- Fukushima 45 ton radioactive water leak poisons ocean
- Hartmann: Fukushima...Has the China Syndrome now officially begun?
- Surviving Japan - A documentary FULL Preview 生き残り日本 災害 ドキュメンタリー
- Chris Busby: Cyclop child and the cause of congenital anomaly and cancer in Iraq
- TBS/JNN Fukushima Live web camera
- New Containment Flaw Identified in the BWR Mark 1
- TEPCO has paid 229.2 billion yen in damages for nuclear crisis
- NRC Approves First New U.S. Nuclear Reactors in 30 Years … Fatal Flaws In Fukushima Design NOT Fixed
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 RPV Temperature Remains Near 70 Degrees Celsius Despite Increased Water Injection
- [Part 1-1] Nuke Plants and Radiation Seen through the Eyes of Children (Jan. 2012)
- For The First Time In Over 30 Years U.S. To Build New Nuclear Power Plant
- The US: Beyond Stupidity - NRC Grants License to Two New Vogtle NPP AP1000 Reactors!
- Fukushima No. 2 plant was 'near meltdown'
- Enough Signatures Collected to Seek Nuclear Vote in Tokyo: Group