- Japan Containers Show Radiation in Rotterdam
Dutch authorities have found traces of radiation on 19 containers originating from Japan, two months after an earthquake and tsunami there caused leaks from the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear plant.
Five of the containers, scanned on arrival at the Port of Rotterdam, were quarantined because the level of contamination was above the permissible threshold, the Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority said on its website today.
- Japan Confirms Fukushima Nuclear Reactor 4 Leaning And In Danger Of Complete Collapse
Nuclear expert on Russia Today reports on the danger of a complete collapse of Fukushima nuclear reactor 4 as Japan announces the building is leaning and is taking measures to reinforce to the structure to prevent a collapse that would nuclear rods from the spent fuel pool scattered on the ground around the plant.
As shown below in the the flyover video analysis and images captured from the TBS live HD cam very little remains of the building except a burnt out skeleton.
- Radiation high at No.3 reactor pool
Tokyo Electric Power Company examined a water sample from the pool on Sunday. The sample contained 140,000 becquerels of radioactive cesium-134 per cubic centimeter, 150,000 becquerels of cesium-137, and 11,000 becquerels of iodine-131.
None of these substances were detected during an inspection on March 2nd, before the accident triggered by the March 11th disaster.
- Japan Scraps Plan for New Nuclear Plants
Prime Minister Naoto Kan said Tuesday that Japan would abandon plans to build new nuclear reactors, saying his country needed to “start from scratch” in creating a new energy policy.
- Canada and U.S. cut back radiation reporting
Canadian and U.S. authorities have both cut back radiation reporting after detecting only minuscule increases following the Fukushima...
- Japan's Prime Minister will give up his salary until the nuclear crisis in the country is over
- Nuclear collapse looms? Fukushima No. 4 reactor 'leaning'
Source: RT News
|< Prev||Next >|