- Water leaks at 14 points at Fukushima complex
TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Sunday water leaks from 14 points at the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant's facilities have been found, leading the operator to suspend the cooling of the spent fuel pool at its No. 4 reactor for two hours.
The leakage is believed to have been caused by freezing due to cold weather, and the leaked water included radioactively contaminated water that has been purified, the utility known as TEPCO said, adding the contamination level is low.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed January
- Antinuclear conference urges the need to phase out nuclear power
- Antinuclear conference calls for full support of victims in Fukushima
- Fukushima Day 308 - USA,Canada & Europe Radiation FALLOUT FORECAST + HAZMAT levels in USA
- New Study: Aerosolized plutonium from Fukushima detected in Europe — Spent fuel indicated
- Designated nuclear inspection body has board members from nuclear industry
- What if Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) (E-CAT "cold fusion") really works? 2 PDF
- Japan N-Reactor Data Collection System Breaks Down
- Survive Fukushima Radiation - Zeolite
- Another Japanese nuclear reactor to be halted
- "Houston, we have a problem!" (Yugoslavian space program) trailer
- TBS/JNN Fukushima Live web camera
- New Containment Flaw Identified in the BWR Mark 1
- TEPCO has paid 229.2 billion yen in damages for nuclear crisis
- NRC Approves First New U.S. Nuclear Reactors in 30 Years … Fatal Flaws In Fukushima Design NOT Fixed
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 RPV Temperature Remains Near 70 Degrees Celsius Despite Increased Water Injection
- [Part 1-1] Nuke Plants and Radiation Seen through the Eyes of Children (Jan. 2012)
- For The First Time In Over 30 Years U.S. To Build New Nuclear Power Plant
- The US: Beyond Stupidity - NRC Grants License to Two New Vogtle NPP AP1000 Reactors!
- Fukushima No. 2 plant was 'near meltdown'
- Enough Signatures Collected to Seek Nuclear Vote in Tokyo: Group