- 'Worst scenario' on Fukushima crisis shared only by a few lawmakers
TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Nuclear disaster minister Goshi Hosono has said "the worst scenario" on development of the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima complex, which was compiled two weeks after the crisis began, was shared only by a few lawmakers, including then Prime Minister Naoto Kan, due to fears it might cause confusion among the public.
"The scenario was not a possibility in fact. If it had been made public at that time, it was likely that no one would have remained in Tokyo," Hosono told Kyodo News in a recent interview. "It would have caused trouble regarding the government's handling of the nuclear crisis."
Millions exposed to radiation so that government could maintain a facade of control.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed January
- Antinuclear conference urges the need to phase out nuclear power
- Antinuclear conference calls for full support of victims in Fukushima
- Fukushima Day 308 - USA,Canada & Europe Radiation FALLOUT FORECAST + HAZMAT levels in USA
- New Study: Aerosolized plutonium from Fukushima detected in Europe — Spent fuel indicated
- Designated nuclear inspection body has board members from nuclear industry
- What if Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) (E-CAT "cold fusion") really works? 2 PDF
- Japan N-Reactor Data Collection System Breaks Down
- Survive Fukushima Radiation - Zeolite
- Another Japanese nuclear reactor to be halted
- "Houston, we have a problem!" (Yugoslavian space program) trailer
- TBS/JNN Fukushima Live web camera
- New Containment Flaw Identified in the BWR Mark 1
- TEPCO has paid 229.2 billion yen in damages for nuclear crisis
- NRC Approves First New U.S. Nuclear Reactors in 30 Years … Fatal Flaws In Fukushima Design NOT Fixed
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 RPV Temperature Remains Near 70 Degrees Celsius Despite Increased Water Injection
- [Part 1-1] Nuke Plants and Radiation Seen through the Eyes of Children (Jan. 2012)
- For The First Time In Over 30 Years U.S. To Build New Nuclear Power Plant
- The US: Beyond Stupidity - NRC Grants License to Two New Vogtle NPP AP1000 Reactors!
- Fukushima No. 2 plant was 'near meltdown'
- Enough Signatures Collected to Seek Nuclear Vote in Tokyo: Group