- Radiation testing on school lunches differs
FUKUSHIMA--Municipalities are carrying out tests for radioactive substances on ingredients used in school lunches, but parents are worried whether their children are adequately protected as the tests are conducted in various ways.
According to data compiled by the Fukushima prefectural board of education, 33 of the 59 municipalities in the prefecture test school lunches for radiation.
Using two radiation measuring instruments, the Koriyama municipal government checks school lunches only once a week, although ingredients left over from lunches on the other four school days also are tested. This means that some tests are carried out after the schoolchildren have eaten their lunch.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed January
- Antinuclear conference urges the need to phase out nuclear power
- Antinuclear conference calls for full support of victims in Fukushima
- Fukushima Day 308 - USA,Canada & Europe Radiation FALLOUT FORECAST + HAZMAT levels in USA
- New Study: Aerosolized plutonium from Fukushima detected in Europe — Spent fuel indicated
- Designated nuclear inspection body has board members from nuclear industry
- What if Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) (E-CAT "cold fusion") really works? 2 PDF
- Japan N-Reactor Data Collection System Breaks Down
- Survive Fukushima Radiation - Zeolite
- Another Japanese nuclear reactor to be halted
- "Houston, we have a problem!" (Yugoslavian space program) trailer
- TBS/JNN Fukushima Live web camera
- New Containment Flaw Identified in the BWR Mark 1
- TEPCO has paid 229.2 billion yen in damages for nuclear crisis
- NRC Approves First New U.S. Nuclear Reactors in 30 Years … Fatal Flaws In Fukushima Design NOT Fixed
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 RPV Temperature Remains Near 70 Degrees Celsius Despite Increased Water Injection
- [Part 1-1] Nuke Plants and Radiation Seen through the Eyes of Children (Jan. 2012)
- For The First Time In Over 30 Years U.S. To Build New Nuclear Power Plant
- The US: Beyond Stupidity - NRC Grants License to Two New Vogtle NPP AP1000 Reactors!
- Fukushima No. 2 plant was 'near meltdown'
- Enough Signatures Collected to Seek Nuclear Vote in Tokyo: Group