- Gov't to reinforce protection of nuclear plants from terrorists
TOKYO (Kyodo) -- The government drew up Monday a set of measures to protect nuclear power plants from terrorist attacks, including the protection of emergency power sources and cooling mechanisms by the state and electric power companies, officials said.
The protection of backup power sources and cooling systems should be upgraded as it proved ineffective in the nuclear disaster at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima Daiichi power plant, the officials said in reference to the package of countermeasures adopted at a meeting of government experts on international organized crime and terrorism.
Note that no one is talking about shutting down the nukes anymore... all they talk about is upgrades.
But still what does the failure of pumps in Fukushima have to do with terrorism? Nothing, unless article posted on rense.com is true to the letter.
But that really is not the issue. On the subject of terrorism, the last event as we all know included a boeing hitting the structure. Not 1 nuclear power plant is build to withstand a boeing 737 impact. Each and everyone would fail. That is also the reason why terrorist attacks were excluded from the stress test, because obviously all nuclear power plants would have to be shutdown if this would be considered. Look at the article Europe’s nuclear reactor safety tests leave many unanswered questions by greenpeace, where it states:
The risks of a large airplane crash have been largely ignored, probably because no reactor in Europe could withstand a terrorist attack like those we saw on September 11, 2001. Why have evacuation plans for towns and cities close to reactors been ignored?
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border