- Energy minister: Turkey supports closing of old nuclear power plants
Azerbaijan, Baku, Nov.17 / Trend, A. Tagiyeva /
Turkey supports the closing of nuclear power plants whose lifespan has expired, Anadolu Agency quotes the Energy and Natural Resources Minister Taner Yildiz as saying.
"These nuclear power plants, reaching as many as 26, pose a threat to the world," he said. Earlier, Mr Yildiz said that Turkey will appeal to the IAEA, demanding the closure of the Metsamor nuclear power plant in Armenia.
The Metsamor NPP was built in 1970.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border