- India moves to accommodate US nuclear technology vendors
New Delhi - India has gone 'some way' in addressing the concerns of US would-be suppliers to its nuclear power sector, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said Friday.
He was speaking after talks with US President Barack Obama in Bali, where the two leaders were attending a summit. 'I explained to President Obama that we have a law in place and the rules have been formulated,' IANS news agency quoted Singh as saying.
Delhi announced changes to legislation Wednesday, which restrict the liability that Indian nuclear operators can claim from their overseas suppliers in case of an accident.
Translation. India has signed a document that any nuclear power plants parts from abroad have only a 5 year warranty and if a power plant blows up after that time, india can't claim any damages beacuse of faulty parts. Now how stupid are they? Kudankulam protests need to go nationwide.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border