- Fukushima Pref. to begin research on forest decontamination
FUKUSHIMA (Kyodo) -- Fukushima Prefecture will start studying ways to decontaminate forests tainted by radioactive materials from the crisis-hit nuclear power plant in the prefecture, local officials said.
Aiming to find effective methods to clean up forests near residential areas, the prefecture's research center will soon conduct experimental felling in the evacuation preparation area outside the 20-km no-entry zone from the Fukushima Daiichi power station.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border