- Australia's ministers back uranium sales to India
SYDNEY (AFP) - Australian Defence Minister Stephen Smith said on Sunday there was high-level support for ending Canberra's ban on selling uranium to India, describing the move as 'strategically important'.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard moved to lift the ban last week in a bid to strengthen relations with the fast-growing economic powerhouse, saying she would take a proposal to allow India to buy Australian uranium to a Labor party vote next month.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border