- Japanese anti-revisionist group calls for ending nuke production
Tokyo, Nov 20(ANI): A Japanese anti-revisionist group has stressed the need to exclude nuclear power from the country's energy policy taking into account Article 9 of the Constitution and the Fukushima meltdown following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution stipulates that the country forever renounces war, and states "land, sea and air forces as well as other war potential will never be maintained.
"Our Constitution represents our determination to never again experience the devastation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But we have seen the nuclear disaster in Fukushima,"
Kyodo quoted Article 9 Association founder Kenzaburo Oe, as saying.
He was speaking at the group's national rally comprising about 700 people in Tokyo.
"Children in Fukushima will be forced to live for decades with fears of internal radiation exposure, and this is the negative legacy of possessing nuclear power plants. We have to minimize the damage in Fukushima and prevent a reoccurrence,"
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border