- Study: Probiotics help protect gut from radiation damage
(NaturalNews) Cancer patients undergoing radiation treatments or individuals looking to protect themselves against general radiation damage can look to probiotics for help, according to a new study. Researchers from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Mo., have found that radiation therapy patients who take probiotics prior to getting blasted can gain intestinal radioprotective benefits.
For their study, published in the online journal Gut, Dr. William F. Stenson and his colleague Dr. Nicholas V. Costrini compared the effects of radiation on mice, some of which were given probiotics prior to and after exposure. They found that those who had received a probiotic mix that included Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG) before exposure were protected against radioactive damage in their intestines.
NaturalNews.com has a vast number of articles covering cancer, remedies, cures and protection. Recommended reading. This article especially stands out. Flax seeds - Amazing tiny seeds protect from radiation and improve health (23.9.2011)
(NaturalNews) A new study by the Pearlman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania revealed the radiation protection of conferred humble flax seeds. The researchers noted that the protection offered by flax seeds even included repair of tissues after exposure. The study was published in a recent issue of BioMed Central Cancer.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border