- France delays nuclear train amid demo threats
France - French authorities on Thursday ordered a train carrying reprocessed nuclear waste to be delay crossing into Germany for 24 hours to try to avoid mass protests from anti-nuclear demonstrators.
Riot police battled protesters when it began its journey in northern France on Wednesday and thousands more demonstrators are expected to try to block it once it crosses the border.
The train was halted at Remilly junction 50 kilometres (30 miles) from the border while nuclear company Areva, French rail firm SNCF and police decided which of three possible routes it can now take, a security source said.
Check out enenews.com article to see how clashes look like: WATCH: Nuclear protest goes very wrong -- Violent battle of police vs. anti-nuclear grou…
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border