- Radioactive cesium hotspot detected near Tokyo
TOKYO (majirox news) — A high level of radioactive cesium was detected in the soil today at Kashiwa City, Chiba prefecture, near Tokyo, according to Japan’s Ministry of Environment. It is probably the result of the fallout from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
The high concentration was detected in a vacant lot. According to the city government, up to 450,000 becquerels of radioactive cesium was detected in one kilogram (2.2 pounds) of soil 5 to 10 cm centimeters (2 to 4 inches) below the surface.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border