- BREAKING: Military Confrontation between Washington and Moscow? Russian Warships head for Syria
Moscow is deploying warships at its base in the Syrian port of Tartus. The long-planned mission comes, providentially, at the very moment when it could help prevent a potential conflict in the strategically important Middle Eastern country.
The Russian battle group will consist of three vessels led by the heavy aircraft-carrying missile cruiser, Admiral Kuznetsov.
Russian military officials insist that the move has no connection with the ongoing crisis in the region and was planned a year ago, the Izvestia newspaper reports. Apart from Syria, the aircraft carrier and its escort ships are set to visit the Lebanese capital, Beirut, Genoa in Italy and Cyprus, says the former Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Viktor Kravchenko.
Nevertheless, he added that the presence of a military force other than NATO’s is very useful for this region, because “it will prevent the outbreak of an armed conflict,” Izvestia quoted Kravchenko as saying.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border