- Endangered Species of the Week: Japanese crane
Species: Japanese crane (Grus japonensis)
Status: Endangered (EN)
Interesting Fact: The Japanese crane is considered sacred and seen as a symbol of fidelity, good luck, love and long life in the Orient.
The symbolism is hardly coincidential.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border