- Walhi - The Indonesian Environment Forum calls for rejection of nuclear reactor in Kalimantan
The Indonesian Environment Forum (Walhi) has called on the government and the West Kalimantan people to reject the idea of developing a nuclear reactor in the province.
Hendrikus Adam of West Kalimantan Walhi research and campaign division said nuclear reactors had impacted badly across the globe.
“We must remember that a developed country like Japan still struggled to handle a nuclear leakage,” Adam said. “The safety of a nuclear reactor is not guaranteed by the ability to master high technology.”
|< Prev||Next >|
Most viewed November
- Cesium-137 deposition and contamination of Japanese soils due to the Fukushima MAPS
- EURDEP shows I-131, I-132, CS - 137, CS 134, CO 60 detected in Slovenia
- RADIOACTIVE EUROPE - what's going on?
- Iodine-131 now detected in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary… other European countries
- Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China
- Radioactivity in Slovenia - mistery solved
- #Radiation in Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
- New Japan contamination map shows Cesium-137 deposited over 900 km from Fukushima… Extends west of Hiroshima (PHOTO)
- European Radiation Leak Update Nov 13, 2011
- Radioactive cesium spread as far as Gunma-Nagano border