Chronology of Fukushima News and related radioactive stuff
- Q: Is There A Meltdown? A: We Have To Be Very Careful About "Terminology" Nuclear Situation Update
Source: MOX news / CNN / NHK
- Emergency Special Report: Japan's Earthquake, Hidden Nuclear Catastrophe
Following a high-level meeting called by the lame-duck prime minister, Japanese agencies are no longer releasing independent reports without prior approval from the top. The censorship is being carried out following the imposition of the Article 15 Emergency Law. Official silencing of bad news is a polite way of reassuring the public.According to the chief Cabinet Secretary, reactor heat is being lowered and radiation levels are coming down. The Unit 1 reactor container is not cracked despite the explosion that destroyed its building.
The explosion did not erupt out of the reactor.
So what caused the explosion that blasted away the reinforced concrete roof and walls? Silence.Source: globalresearch.ca
- "If Radioactive Material Gets Into The Jet Stream Then... We Share That With The World"
- Japan Declares State of Emergency On Another Nuclear Power Plant As It Preps For Another Meltdown
A state of emergency has been declared at a Japanese nuclear facility at Onagawaafter excessive radiation levels were recorded there following the major earthquake, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) announced.
The aftermath of the earthquake & tsunami leaves Japan in a state of emergency as over 6 million households are now without power (over 10% of Japans population) as aftershocks tremble about every two hours.
There is talk that there might be a second massive quake and a possible tsunami as nothing from mother nature is guaranteed.Source: theintelhub.com
- Japan’s radiation could spread to U.S
- 6th reactor at Fukushima Nuke plant loses cooling functions: TEPCO
A sixth reactor at the Fukushima nuclear power plants has lost its ability to cool the reactor core since the massive earthquake and ensuing tsunami struck Japan Friday, said Tokyo Electric Power Co.(TEPOC), operator and owner of the plants, early on Sunday.Source: news.xinhuanet.com
- Emergency at Onagawa nuclear plant, radiation 700 times over normal
- 20 years after Chernobyl - The ongoing health effect
The first catastrophe of Chernobyl was the meltdown itself. The second catastrophe of Chernobyl was and still is the subsequent cover-up. Hans Blix, former head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, charged with the promotion of nuclear energy, stated after the Chernobyl meltdown became public that “the atomic industry can take catastrophes like Chernobyl every year”.Source: ippnw-students.org
- Chernobyl: It Will Never Be Over
The latest scientific studies suggest that the damage to wildlife and fauna continue unabitated in and around the Chernobyl exclusion zone - and far beyond.
Research recently concluded provides more evidence that contamination has a "significant impact" on biodiversity.Source: news.infoshop.org
- 'Fukushima reports conflicting, Japan govt not in control'
- Japan nuclear crisis indepth = AJ English
- AP: Japan Races to Avert Multiple Nuclear Meltdowns
- Nuclear Plant Designer Says Japanese Government Suppressing Scale Of Crisis
A former nuclear power plant designer has said Japan is facing an extremely grave crisis and called on the government to release more information, which he said was being suppressed. Masashi Goto told a news conference in Tokyo that one of the reactors at the Fukushima-Daiichi plant was “highly unstable”, and that if there was a meltdown the “consequences would be tremendous”.
He said such an event might be very likely indeed. So far, the government has said a meltdown would not lead to a sizeable leak of radioactive materials.Source: theintelhub.com
- This Is What We've Been Warning About For Years! Philip White Nuclear Expert
- LIVE UPDATES: Japan Races To Stop Two Nuclear Meltdowns!
Japan is racing to prevent or stop two nuclear meltdowns and has declared a state of emergency. Multiple nuclear experts in other parts of the world have been quoted as saying that Japan is covering up the extent of the disaster.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said Sunday that a hydrogen explosion could occur at Daiichi’s Unit 3, the latest reactor to face a possible meltdown. That would follow a hydrogen blast Saturday in the plant’s Unit 1. reported MSNBC.comSource: theintelhub.com
- MOX FUEL confirmed in Plant #3 by Four Different Sources!
In the meantime, there have been suggestions that an incident at reactor 3 would inherently be more dangerous than at reactors 1 and 2 because it burns “mixed oxide fuel” (MOX) containing plutonium.
Plutonium is produced during nuclear fission, so is present in all reactor cores – the longer the fuel has been there, the more plutonium will be present, up to about 1%.
In some countries, spent fuel rods are re-processed and the plutonium set to one side.
However, Japan – in an attempt to be more frugal with a valuable resource – has a programme that mixes the plutonium coming out of the re-processing facility back into new fuel rods that also contain uranium. This is MOX fuel.
- Meltdown threat: Japan 'preparing for worst'
- Accident Triggers Nuclear Power Debate in Germany
The nuclear accident in Japan has sparked a discussion about atomic power in Germany, where a massive anti-nuclear protest was already planned for Saturday. A senior Green Party politician has said that some German plants are vulnerable to the same kind of failure as happened at Fukushima 1.Source: spiegel.de
- Official: 2 Japanese nuclear reactors may be in meltdown
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told reporters that officials still do not know if there have been meltdowns in the No. 1 and No. 3 reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi's nuclear facility in northeast Japan. But as they attempt to cool down radioactive material and release pressure inside the reactors, he said authorities were working under the presumption that such meltdowns have taken place.Source: cnn.com
- Japan nuclear blast could be more deadly than Chernobyl, experts fear
Experts in Israel and abroad divided on scope of disaster at Japan's nuclear plants, as Japanese government hasn't provided accurate information regarding threat posed by explosions at Fukushima nuclear power plant.Source: haaretz.com
- US lawmakers mull nuclear moratorium after quake
WASHINGTON (AFP) - The unfolding nuclear disaster in Japan at reactors damaged by a massive earthquake and subsequent tsunami has led some lawmakers to call for the United States to "put the brakes" on domestic nuclear development...Source: activistpost.com
- "Hydrogen" explosion at stricken Japanese nuke plant
- Breaking: Second Nuclear Reactor Explodes In Japan, White Smoke Rising From Another
During CNN's live special coverage in Japan, airing right now, Anderson Cooper just reported a second nuclear reactor (reactor #3) just exploded. The explosion follows the earlier explosion of reactor #1 which Anderson Cooper reports is now reported to have white smoke rising from it.Source: blog.alexanderhiggins.com
- Explosion at Fukushima 3 Nuclear Power Plant ... Which Used Plutonium
- USS Ronald Reagan Runs Into Radiation, Reactor 3 Explodes As Fear Mounts
To top it off, The New York Times is reporting that the aircraft carrier Ronald Reagen has passed through a RADIOACTIVE cloud in Japan and that military helicopters 60 miles away from the Fukushima nuclear power plant were coated with particulate radiation.
This clearly shows that the wind is picking up radiation and spreading it at least 60 miles north of the power plant.Source: theintelhub.com
Page 3 of 220